Thursday, October 01, 2009

Good Morning America

Last week I added my new series Goodnight America to my website. Goodnight America shows the former American army and housing bases in my hometown Hanau. After the last Americans left Hanau in 2008 the places once full of life are now empty and deserted.

The last few days I scanned old slides I took when the Americans were still here. They show a totally different world to now. Many memories come back when I look at the images.

Maybe it will be a short series called Good Morning America and is an introduction to the other series.

The images below are from the old slides. I will post more in the next days.

car in front of Yorkhof Kaserne, Hanau


François Kaserne Hanau


Sign Cardwell Housing Hanau

© all images Michael Werner

No comments: