Friday, April 04, 2008

Working Worlds




© all images Mitch Epstein

Today I saw a small but fine exhibition with works of Richard Avedon, Barbara Klemm, Wouter Deruytter, Mitch Epstein, Ville Lenkkeri and Sebastião Salgado.

The DZ Bank in Frankfurt has one of the worlds biggest and finest collections of contemporary photography. In the foyer of one of their glamorous buildings in Frankfurt they have a small gallery where they show several exhibitions a year. Since I love the photographs of Mitch Epstein I was absolutely thrilled to see his original prints. I would have loved to just put the works in my car and then put them on my own walls.

Unfortunately the website of the bank with the collection is only in German. For everyone who can read German, check it out here

4 comments:

ben said...

i simply adore Epstein! my copy of Family Business is one of my greatest possessions, and his writing in Work ...spectacular.

Unknown said...

Hi Ben, I totally agree with you about Epstein. His Family Business is also one of my absolute favorites.

Paul Pincus said...

We have "Untitled NY (oranges and blue curtain)," from Mitch Epstein's The City series!

He is so, so brilliant!

Unknown said...

Paul, thanks for your comment. "Untitled NY (oranges and blue curtain) is a wonderful photo. I would love to have it on my wall too. Mitch Epstein is brilliant, I totally agree. By the way, your two puppies are totally cute!!!