Monday, May 19, 2008

Back from Paris

The weekend in Paris was absolutely fantastic. The city is just amazing, magical and extraordinary. I saw the Alec Soth show "The Space Between Us" at the Musée Jeu de Paume and it was really worthwhile to go on this trip for it.

In the first room were photographs from his "Portraits" series, then came the room with works from his "Fashion Magazine" project (the third photo is taken in this room). The next room was "Dog days Bogota" then came "Sleeping by the Mississippi" and the last room was "Niagara"

The prints are so wonderful in different sizes from small to really big. I spent a long time there and could not get enough from this fantastic photographs. To see the works in the books is one thing (which I also love) but to see the big prints on the wall is a totally different experience.



© all images Michael Werner

I also was able to spent the rest of the Saturday taking photos in Paris and I am really excited about the results. I am already looking forward to going back to Paris in only a few weeks ( on the 4th of July for 4 days) and continuing my new project in the city I absolutely love.

No comments: